An application for the TESOL Doctor of Education (Ed.D) Program must include the following:
- Application form
- Application fee ($75)
- One recent color photograph (digital is okay).
- Official transcripts, licenses or certificates. The Ed.D in TESOL Program requires a Masters degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics or in a relevant area of Education required from an accredited institution recognized by the US Department of Education and/or CHEA, or by the government of the country in which the degree was awarded, and with an overall GPA of no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent from non-USA Institutions.
( Note: If the university does not routinely issue transcripts in English, original language records must be submitted with official English translations. We will accept translations issued by the university or a professional translating service. Translations must be exact and complete versions of the original records.)
- A resume documenting a minimum of 4 years experience in some aspect of TESOL (teaching, teacher education or publishing).
- An outline (1,000 words) of the possible research that the applicant envisions undertaking for the dissertation that demonstrates his/her research experience and abilities.
Three reference letters (on letterhead with contact information) attesting to personal and professional qualifications. One reference must be from each of the following:
- A recent employer.
- A TESOL professional who can attest to the applicant’s potential as a doctoral student.
- A member of the academic faculty where the applicant completed his/her MA.
Non-native English speakers must demonstrate college-level proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Degree from an accredited institution where English is the primary language of instruction.
- Transcript from an accredited institution indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit where the language of instruction was English (“B” average)
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550* PBT / 213 CBT/ 80 iBT.
- A minimum TOEIC score of 800*.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5*.
- A minimum PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report) of 58.
- A minimum BULATS Level 3 (60), accepted only for Cultura Inglesa in Brazil.
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test.
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam.
- A minimum B2 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) Standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge.
Once your application materials have been approved, you will need to submit an Enrollment Agreement and tuition payment to complete the enrollment process.
Internet Access: All students are required to have access to a computer equipped with Internet access capabilities.
Entrance Examination: There is no entrance examination required for admission to Anaheim University.
Transfer Credits: Anaheim University will accept up to two graduate semester classes or 8 units awarded by another institution toward an Ed.D degree at Anaheim University. The entering student will be required to clearly demonstrate the equivalency of a transfer course through relevant documents (syllabus, catalog, course outline) and justify its acceptance through petition. No course will be considered for transfer with a grade lower than a “B” or its equivalent. Petitions are directed to the specific Dean for the affected program. There is a fee of $175 (Ed.D) per unit of credit transferred, and the overall program cost will be adjusted to reflect credit for the approved class(es). All petitions for transfer credit must be submitted as part of the student’s initial application to the University. Credits awarded as part of another degree will not be accepted for transfer.
Prior Experiential Credit: Anaheim University will not extend experiential credit to any student.
We currently do not accept students who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oregon due to regulatory matters. For more information, please call our Administrative Director at 714-772-3330.