Robert Robertson, Ph.D.
Dean, Akio Morita School of Business
Dr. Robert Robertson has more than 15 years of experience in academia as a Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dean of Business and MBA program director in the United States and in Kazakhstan. He holds a Ph.D. in Management and Organization (Stirling University, Scotland); Post-Doctoral Professional Certificate, International Business and Leadership (Argosy University); Post Graduate Diploma in International Management-China (University of London); Master of Studies in Law (Vermont Law School); Master of Public Administration (Dalhousie University, Canada); a Master of Arts (Eastern Kentucky University) and a Bachelor of Science (East Tennessee State University). In addition, he has an Executive Certificate from the Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Innovation and Strategy. Dr. Robertson was selected by the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to the Fulbright Specialist Program. He has served as the President of the Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institution and Chief Academic Officer and Research Fellow at the University of Phoenix's Center for Workforce Diversity, Central Florida campus in Orlando, Florida. Dr. Robertson is a Visiting Full Professor at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia, Faculty of Economics; and, he serves as a Scientific Adviser to the Global Universities in Distance Education (GUIDE) association headquartered at Marconi University, Rome, Italy. He is an invited speaker on international business, strategy, online education and workforce training; and he regularly lectures in China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Europe, Brazil and the United States. In the public sector, he has more than 20 years of management experience including serving as the City Manager for the City of Hamilton, Ontario in Canada with more than 8,500 employees and a budget in excess of one billion dollars.
- Ph.D. in Management and Organization from Stirling University, Scotland
- Post Doctoral Professional Certificate in International Business and Leadership from Argosy University & Graduate Diploma in International Management - China from the University of London
- Master of Studies in Law from Vermont Law School and Master of Public Administration from Dalhousie University in Canada
- United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Fulbright Specialist
- Experience as President of the Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute and University of Phoenix's Center for Workforce Diversity Chief Academic Officer and Research Fellow
- Lecturing experience on international business, strategy, online education and workforce training in China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Europe, Brazil and the U.S.
- 20 years public sector management experience including serving as City Manager for the City of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Welcome Message from the Dean
Welcome to the Akio Morita School of Business at Anaheim University.
The Anaheim University Akio Morita School of Business offers career-relevant graduate business courses and programs that are designed for the busy professional. The courses link theory to real world examples and practice. Our faculty members are academically qualified and they have professional experience in public, private and not-for-profit organizations across the globe. Our goal is to provide you with information and skills that can add value to your career. As you consider pursuing a graduate program, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. Good luck in achieving your career goals.
Robert W. Robertson, Ph.D.
Dean, Akio Morita School of Business